4 cups cooked rice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup agave or honey
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups mango chunks
2 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried cilantro
- Combine pineapple, mango, lemon juice, and cilantro into blender or food processor and blend until a chunky-salsa consistency is reached
- Refrigerate salsa for at least one hour
- Combine soy sauce, agave, ginger, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place chickpeas in a large pot.
- Pour the mixture over the chickpeas and marinate for at least 20 min.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring regurlarly, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve chickpea teryaki over rice and top with hawaiian salasa.